Here are several easy ways to fix USB Device Not Recognized in Windows issue. This guide will work on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, XP, Vista running desktop PC/Laptop to fix USB Device Connection Issues. This USB Device Not Recognized issue is a common Windows error, which is not that hard to fix. You get this error when plugging in flash drives, Webcam, Printer, digital camera or any other peripheral device to PC via a USB port. In this post, we are going to show you how to fix USB Device Not Recognized on Windows.
There could be many reasons behinds USB device error in Windows: outdated drivers, unstable USB controller, USB connection port is broken, motherboard is outdated, power management settings are not properly set, Windows USB driver update not installed.
Let’s see how to fix USB Driver Not Recognized Problem on Windows.
How To Fix USB Device Not Recognized In Windows
Here we are going to explain some simple ways to fix USB not recognized issue in Windows. As with any other issue on Windows, this USB connection issue is fixable.
First thing you should do in case of any Windows error is to restart your device. More often than not a simple restarting the device fixes the problem. If some USB related driver is undetected on PC, you can try to fix it by restarting your device. When the device restarts, it will automatically check for missing drivers and update the outdated or missing drivers. Laptop users can try shutting down their device, pull out the battery, wait for 5 to 10 minutes, reinsert the battery and check again if that fixes the USB connection issue or not.
Check USB Drivers
Check if USB device is properly inserted into the PC via USB port, if not, then plug it in again. If this addresses the problem, well and good, otherwise, check the drivers on your device. You can use Windows Device Manager to scan PC for undetected or uninstalled drivers, and to repair corrupted drivers.
- Open Device Manager on Windows.
- Click on Action menu in Device Manger.
- Next, click on scan for hardware changes.
- Close the Device Manger window and open it again to let it automatically scan for missing drivers.
USB Device Not Recognized issue could caused by outdated drivers. Here’s how to update USB driver:
- Find the USB driver for your device from manufacturer’s website.
- Download and install the correct driver for your device model.
- If you have saved drivers on an installed disc, use it instead of searching online.
Drivers update will fix USB connection problem in Windows.
Uninstall Corrupted / Unknown Drivers
- Press Windows Key + R on keyboard to open RUN dialogue box.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialogue box and hit enter.
- Click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Plug in the driver which is not getting recognized via PC port.
- Right-click on an Unknown USB device (Port reset failed) icon and select Uninstall to remove the driver.
- Restart PC.
Reinstall USB Drivers
If the USB drivers on Windows are corrupt, they will fail to recognize USB device connection with PC. In that case, reinstall USB Drivers to fix the issue.
- Open Device Manger on PC.
- Click Universal Serial Bus Controller.
- Right-click on USB drivers and hit Uninstall.
- Restart PC.
This will reinstall fully working USB Drivers to fix any connection issue.
The solution above are the best and easy ways to fix USB Device Not Recognized issue on Windows PC desktop or laptop. Don’t forget to share which solution worked for you in comments below.
For More On AppsforWin10, Read:
Download Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers for PC
How to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 10
How To Wirelessly Transfer Data Between Android Device And PC
Download Media Creation Tool for Windows 10
Fix Wireless Connection Not Working on Acer Devices – [Tutorial]