Snapchat is one of the most popular image sharing social networking app mainly designed for mobile platforms. There is no PC version of the app available on Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP users. But there is a way of getting around this limitation as is explained in this guide. You can use Snapchat for PC just like on smartphones with all features now on Windows PC/laptops. You can share memorable moments captured in pictures with friends and family from computers with Snapchat for Windows. With the help of Snapchat online login details you use the service from computers as well.
Many users have been trying to figure out how to use Snapchat image posting and sharing social networking app on PC/laptops but there aren’t many helpful articles on the internet that provide clear cut instructions in this regard. But here in this post we have explained a simple method in step-by-step guide using which you will be able to use this cool snap sharing app now on Windows computers/laptops, and for that you will require your Snapchat Online account details to login from PC. Before moving on to the guide, let’s take a look at some of the prominent aspects of the app to give you a clear idea about what you can do with it from Windows PC.
Main Features of Snapchat for Windows:
- Capture images, snaps, stills, pictures using device camera, in this case PC webcam or connect DSLR with PC to take photos, and share them with Snapchat social circle using Snapchat Online.
- What differentiates Snapchat from other similar image sharing apps is your pictures remain online for about 24 hours and after that they vanish from the app. No one can see images you post after 24 hours of posting, this features is designed to ensure maximum interaction between Snapchat members in quick time.
- Your pictures are not saved on servers they completely disappear after 24 hours so that they don’t fall into wrong hands.
- It’s all about instantaneous interaction among Snapchat users. Daily millions of pictures are shared online in Snapchat app.
- You can also make small video clips and share them online, like pictures they also vanish after 24 hours. Create GIFs and small funny clips, post them on Snapchat Online to share funny moments with friends and family.
- Join multiple clips and pictures in a single clip to create a small movie clip and share, add background music and share it with other community members. Create you own small stories with Snapchat Online from Windows PC.
- Chat in real-time with friends. Both audio and video chat facility is available for users.
iOS and Android users can download Snapchat app for free from their respective app stores but Windows users can follow the guide below for using the app on PC/laptops by logging in with Snapchat Online account.
How to download and install Snapchat on Windows PC/laptops:
2 – After the installation open BlueStacks and search Snapchat by typing it in the search box on BlueStacks home screen.
3 – Click on the app icon from search result list to open Google Play app install page inside BlueStacks.
4 – Next click the Install button.
5 – If you couldn’t find the app on BlueStacks then download Snapchat Apk here. Click on the downloaded apk file to install the app on BlueStacks.
6 – Go to ‘All Apps’ in BlueStacks to open Snapchat. Login with Snapchat account.
7 – New users will need to register first, so click register option on Snapchat screen on BlueStacks. Fill out account details including username, password and email. Open email with which you register and click on the verification link to complete Snapchat Online registration.
7 – Back on Snapchat on BlueStacks, enter account details and start using the popular image sharing app from Windows PC/laptops now.
8 – All done. Now share best moments in pictures and small video clips with friends from PC.
Mac OS X users can also install Snapchat for Mac by following above mentioned instructions.
For more on AppsforWin10, See: Face Swap Booth for PC (Windows 10 & Mac OS X) & Viber Wink for PC – Windows & Mac OS X