Having FaceTime on your PC sounds a delicious proposition. It is one of if not the best video calling app available today. The app was first launched almost a decade back in 2011. That was the beginning of a revolution. Today you can find FaceTime pre-installed in your iPhones and iPads. And quite certainly there won’t be anyone complaining about that.
So what makes FaceTime so good you ask? It is the quality of the video calling. Although every app now offers HD video calling, none comes close to it in quality. But hold on, you can now have FaceTime on your PC. It won’t matter whether you are using a Mac or Windows PC. Read along and you can install the app in no time.
Install FaceTime on Windows
It might sound too good to be true at first. But trust us, you can use the FaceTime app on your Windows PC for free. And do not worry it is completely legal to use the app this way.
- You need to do one important thing before downloading the app. That is to have an emulator installed in your computer. An emulator replicates the interface of one device onto another. There are several different emulators available but our choice will be Nox.
- Nox is a free and efficient emulator perfect for this task. Just head over to its official website where you can download the app.
- Once that has been done, you need to install the app on your Just find the app in the folder you have downloaded it. Follow the installation process to install the app in your device.
- When you have finished the installation, launch Nox. When using for the first time this might take a while. That is because the app will have to be initialized before using it. After it opens, search for FaceTime.
- Download the app and install facetime pc. That is all you need to install the app in your device.
Install FaceTime on Mac
Installing FaceTime on Mac is not nearly as cumbersome as installing it on Windows PC. Here is what you need to do.
- Chances are your Mac is already ready to host FaceTime calls. Most these days comes with an in-built HD FaceTime camera. However for the unfortunate ones using Mac Mini or Mac Pro, you need to buy a separate web cam.
- Now for setting up FaceTime, firstly open the app.
- Check whether you are already signed up. If not, sign up with your Apple Id and Password before entering.
- Next, you need to choose the way you want to be contacted. Visit Preferences to make sure of how people might reach you. Over here you can deselect the email address you do not want to use. Or optionally chose the email id you want to use.
- Set up your profile. Add or remove details as you wish, FaceTime has been set up in your Mac. Search for the person you want to connect with and begin a
- However if using one of the older version of Mac, you will have to download the app. In which case just go to the App Store, download and install the app.
- Set up the app (same as above) and enjoy.
Features of FaceTime
- The best part of the app is the obvious. The app supports full HD video calling. The 720p resolution of the app provides crystal clear video. It makes the person you are calling seem to be sitting in front of you.
- It is also easy to connect with the app. Just log in by simply entering your id and password. The contact list is compact and efficient. That makes finding your contacts and calling them super fast.
- The interface of the app is smooth and customizable. You can choose to make a call in portrait or landscape mode, whichever suits you.
- The app further allows you to connect by sharing texts. The developers have introduced other features like sharing Animojis and stickers to make the app more intimate.
- You can also receive a call when the app is not running. So if too busy to take a video call, receive it as a normal phone call.
- Apple also takes care of your privacy and security. Which is the reason why FaceTime is end to end encrypted? This means no one can use your information to any ill-use, since they will all be encrypted.
- That is not all. You can also host group calls with FaceTime. The app allows up to 32 participants in a video call at a single time. This makes the app a worthy candidate to host office and business calls as well.
- To save your time even further, list up the contacts you call most. Under the “Favourites” column find the people you contact most frequently and save time.
- The sophisticated programming of the app hides spam callers for you. So that you any use FaceTime without any inconveniences.
- FaceTime does all these and more without costing you anything. You do not even have to be worried about in-app ads because there are none.
Before using the app, check whether your computer meets the following requirements.
- You need the latest version of OS for the app to run smoothly. This is of vital importance. It is preferable to have Windows 7 or above. Otherwise, the app begins to lag. Mac users should look to have Sierra or above.
- It would be the minimal requirement to have at least 1GHz of CPU speed. Otherwise, you would become quite helpless.
- Try to have at least 2 GB of RAM in your device.
- You can’t video call without a webcam. An in-built or external webcam will be just fine. And while at it make sure to have microphones.
- Lastly for the best results have fast and stable internet connection.
It is one of the best apps to use for video calling. Being the toughest rival to FaceTime, it is a solid substitute. The app supports video calling across platforms, unlike FaceTime. And you need not worry about the quality of the video call as well. Duo supports HD video calling with the contacts on your device. Just log in with your Google account and enjoy free video calling with a multitude of features.
You already know how bankable the app is. Despite a shaky few years in between, the app continues to be a dependable substitute. It is sleek and minimalistic and good for private or personal calls. The app supports HD video calling with sharp audio and recording features. What’s more, use Skype to call on devices without the internet. Place a call on mobiles or landlines around the globe at very little cost.
Messenger is not just a video calling app. It is a platform to catch up with friends and family as well. Connect with them over voice calls, texts, or simple stickers. If bored, there are plenty of games as well to keep you busy. But coming to video calling it is great for personal use. You might also make group calls with your friends. And the attractive filters make sure there is never a dull moment.